- Prepares a variety of foods following department procedures and supervisor’s instruction.
- Cleans work areas, equipment, utensils, dishes, and silverware.
- Stores food in designated containers and storage areas to prevent spoilage.
- Places food trays over food warmers for immediate service, or store them in refrigerated storage cabinets.
- Informs supervisor when supplies are getting low or equipment is not working properly.
- Weighs and measures ingredients.
- Assists cooks and kitchen staff with various tasks as needed.
- Provides cooks with needed items and supplies.
- Washes, peels, and/or cuts various food to prepare for cooking or serving.
- Receives and stores food supplies, equipment, and utensils in refrigerators, cupboards, and other storage areas.
- Carries food supplies, equipment, and utensils to and from storage and work areas.
- Makes special dressings and sauces as needed.
- Uses manual or electric appliances to clean, peel, slice, and trim foods.
- Stirs and strains soups and sauces.
- Butchers and cleans fowl, fish, poultry, and shellfish to prepare for cooking or serving.
- Cuts, slices, or grinds meat, poultry, and seafood to prepare for cooking.
- Mixes ingredients for green salads, fruit salads, vegetable salads, and pasta salads.
- Assists line cook in preparation of buffet menu items in volume.
- Maintains all health code regulations.
- Performs all duties in accordance with Chinook Winds Casino Resort customer service standards
- Performs general upkeep to designated area.
- Identifies & reports any irregular, unsafe or hazardous conditions.
- Provides input or recommendations for improvements and changes in program processes or services.
- All other duties as assigned.
Energetic- Ability to work at a sustained pace and produce quality work.
Detail Oriented- Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
Friendly- Ability to exhibit a cheerful demeanor toward others.
Time Management- Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
High school diploma or GED preferred
One year experience as a Prep Cook preferred
One year experience in a buffet or restaurant
Certificates & Licenses
Siletz Tribal Gaming License
Must obtain a Food Handlers Permit within 30 days of employment
Excellent knife skills
Knowledge of regulations governing food preparation and service