- Supervises all aspects of daily operations of the Play Palace/Arcade.
- Promotes the Chinook Winds commitment of a safe, secure play and entertainment environment for children and families.
- Responsible of opening and closing.
- Writes the schedule and break schedules.
- Required to handle and be accountable for large sums of money.
- Order supplies and complete appropriate paperwork for the purchase.
- Ensures that Play Palace/Arcade operations are in compliance with Chinook Winds policies and procedures.
- Participates in solving both guest and employee problems assuring satisfactory results.
- Recommends measures for improving work procedures and worker performance to increase quality and enhance job safety.
- Participates in the development, implementation, and evaluation of goals, objectives, programs, promotions, budgets, policies and procedures.
- Performs all duties in accordance with Chinook Winds Casino Resort customer service standards.
- Handles all personnel issues in a timely manner according to Chinook Winds policies and procedures.
- Provides input or recommendations for improvements and changes in program processes or services
- Maintains general knowledge and provides information to guests of Chinook Winds Casino Resort events, programs and services.
- Supervises employees during the shift and ensures appropriate professional standards of behavior, work standards, productivity, practices and customer care are enforced.
- Ensures a complete knowledge by the whole team of the Play Palace/Arcade.
- Maintains effective communication within the team and attends meetings and training sessions when required.
- Assigns duties, responsibilities, and work areas to employees in accordance with work requirements.
- Performs personnel actions such as hiring and firing staff, consulting with department management and Human Resources as necessary.
- Develops and maintains a teamwork environment.
- Trains employees in designated areas and monitors progress.
- Completes, monitors, and develops staff through evaluation and development plans.
- Monitors staff performance to ensure Chinook Winds Casino Resort customer service standards are achieved.
- Identifies & reports any irregular, unsafe or hazardous conditions.
- All other duties as assigned.
Customer Orientated- Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
Team Building- Ability to convince a group of people to work toward a goal.
Detail Oriented- Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
Multitask- Ability to complete multiple tasks at one time.
Communication Skills- Ability to communicate effectively with others verbally and in writing.
Problem Solving – Ability to find a solution for or deal proactively with work-related problems.
Management Skills – Ability to organize and direct oneself and effectively supervise others.
Decision Making – Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
High School Diploma or GED
Two years experience in childcare operations preferred
One year supervisory experience
Experience in Food and Beverage preferred
Microsoft Office basic level including Word, Excel, and Outlook
Certificates & Licenses
Must obtain a Siletz Tribal Gaming License
Must obtain a Food Handlers Permit within 30 days of employment
Must obtain a VIP Card within 90 days of employment
Must obtain CPR and First Aid Certificate within 90 days of employment
Basic knowledge of business operations preferred