- Cleans and sanitizes kitchen area and equipment, ensuring compliance with all health code regulations.
- Breaks down, cleans, and sanitizes all kitchen areas & equipment including walls, ceilings, floors and all equipment in the food service department.
- Performs general upkeep and deep cleaning to kitchen areas including sweeping and mopping floors.
- Identifies & reports any irregular, hazardous, or unsafe conditions.
- Cleans equipment used in the food service department, such as ovens, steamers, etc.
- Uses a variety of chemicals to complete tasks and accesses the MSDS sheets to ensure proper utilization.
- Sorts and removes trash placing it in designated pickup areas.
- Cleans garbage cans with water or steam.
- Assists other culinary personnel on an as needed basis.
- Performs all duties in accordance with Chinook Winds Casino Resort customer service standards.
- Reports to HDC Supervisor regarding all personnel issues in a timely manner according to policies and procedures.
- Assists in the implementation of training to all HDC staff as required.
- Serves in a supervisory capacity during absence of supervisor coverage.
- Monitors staff performance to ensure Chinook Winds customer service standards are achieved.
- Provide input or recommendations for improvements and/or changes in processes or services.
- All other duties as assigned.
Energetic- Ability to work at a sustained pace and produce quality work.
Detail Oriented- Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
Leadership- Ability to influence others to perform their jobs effectively.
Interpersonal – Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
One year experience as a Heavy Duty Cleaner
1 year supervisor experience preferred
Certificates & Licenses
Must obtain a Siletz Tribal Gaming License
Must obtain a Food Handlers Permit within 30 days of employment
Knowledge of regulations governing food preparation, safety, and service preferred