- Supervises all aspects of daily operations of the Housekeeping Department including the Room Attendants, Room Inspectors, House Persons, and Laundry Attendants.
- Maintains Chinook Winds Casino Resort BEACH core values and guest service standards by working directly with Hotel Management and Human Resources.
- Inspects guestroom and public areas for cleanliness standards, correcting deficiencies with housekeeping personnel, maintaining quality work performance.
- Maintains inventory records of linens and operating supplies.
- Reviews cleanliness standards in the laundry, employee break areas, and room attendants’ storage/supply areas.
- Ensures housekeeping carts are kept up to standards.
- Reviews daily maintenance of washers and dryers.
- Reviews room key and master key control by housekeeping personnel to ensure that strict compliance with policies and procedures are in place.
- Reviews and updates maintenance log keeping close communication with maintenance department to ensure quality.
- Logs lost and found items daily for a timely return of property.
- Ensures that the Housekeeping Department including the Room Attendants, Room Inspectors, House Persons, and Laundry Attendants are in compliance with Chinook Winds policies and procedures.
- Resolves customer complaints as needed.
- Recommends measures for improving work procedures and staff performance to increase quality and enhance job safety.
- Participates in the development, implementation, and evaluation of goals, objectives, programs, promotions, budgets, policies and procedures.
- Performs all duties in accordance with Chinook Winds Casino Resort guest service standards.
- Handles all personnel issues in a timely manner according to Chinook Winds policies and procedures.
- Maintains general knowledge and provides information to guests of Chinook Winds Casino Resort events, programs and services.
- Provides input or recommendations for improvements and changes in program processes or services.
- Supervises employees during the shift and ensures appropriate professional standards of behavior, standards, productivity, practices and customer care are enforced.
- Maintains effective communication within the team and attends meetings and training sessions when required.
- Assigns duties, responsibilities, and work areas to employees in accordance with work requirements.
- Performs personnel actions such as hiring and firing staff, consulting with department management and Human Resources as necessary.
- Develops and maintains a teamwork environment.
- Trains employees in designated areas and monitors progress.
- Trains all housekeeping staff in job safety, including HazCom (MSDS), and Bloodborne Pathogens standards.
- Identifies & reports any irregular, unsafe or hazardous conditions.
- Works in areas of responsibility to include laundry, cleaning or inspecting rooms.
- All other duties as assigned.
Customer Orientated- Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
Team Building- Ability to convince a group of people to work toward a goal.
Detail Oriented- Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
Multitask- Ability to complete multiple tasks at one time.
Communication Skills- Ability to communicate effectively with others verbally and in writing.
Problem Solving – Ability to find a solution for or deal proactively with work-related problems.
Management Skills – Ability to organize and direct oneself and effectively supervise others.
Decision Making – Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
High School Diploma or GED
Three years’ experience in Hotel or Resort Housekeeping
Two years supervisory experience in a high volume resort
Microsoft Office basic level including Word, Excel, and Outlook
Knowledge of Opera PMS preferred
Certificates and Licenses
Must obtain Oregon Q Care within 30 days
Must obtain Food Handlers card within 30 days
Bi-Lingual English/Spanish preferred