- Communicates daily in person or over the telephone with clients who inquire about reserving guestrooms, (Individual through multiple guestrooms), employing sales techniques to book the reservation(s).
- Processes sales of ticketed entertainment and reservations for the hotel guestrooms.
- Communicates current Resort information.
- Prepares Guest confirmations of reservations or cancellations, booking contracts and related correspondence regarding guest reservations (groups or individuals).
- Answers multi-line telephone providing information, routing calls, and taking messages.
- Knows the layout and amenities of all guestrooms including special features, etc., locations.
- Provides courteous reservation service to guests, using techniques to maximize sales.
- Performs check-in and checkout functions.
- Provides courteous guest service and respond promptly to guest’s requests, questions, or complaints.
- Reviews front desk logbook. Notes and/or follows up on any special problems.
- Logs guest’s requests/complaints, group bookings, VIP arrivals and other special instructions from previous shifts.
- Maintains communication with the Housekeeping Department regarding the status of rooms.
- Maintains familiarity with the hotel’s amenities and layout, reservation status, and procedural items that will help answer questions for your callers.
- Posts wake-up calls immediately upon guest request.
- Knows and complies with all safety and security regulations and procedures.
- Maintains working knowledge of Chinook Winds programs, events, promotions, and services.
- Conducts property tours to prospective clients when needed.
- Performs all duties in accordance with Chinook Winds Casino Resort customer service standards
- Maintains general knowledge and provides information to guests of Chinook Winds Casino Resort events, programs and services.
- Provides input or recommendations for improvements and changes in processes or services.
- All other duties as assigned.
Communication Skills- Ability to communicate effectively with others verbally.
Customer Oriented- Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
Enthusiastic- Ability to bring energy to the performance of a task.
Judgment—the individual displays willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment and makes timely decisions.
Interpersonal – Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
Quality—the individual looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
High School Diploma or GED
One year experience in a high volume, fast paced guest service environment.
Experience providing guest service over the phone.
Experience with professional presentation and interaction with public
Microsoft Office beginner level to include Word, Excel, Outlook, Access.
Type up to 35 WPM
10 Key operation experience, preferred
Previous interaction with Property Management Systems preferred
Previous experience with OPERA, OASIS, Audience View, Micros and or other systems preferred
Certificates & Licenses
Must obtain Oregon Q Care Training within 30 days