- Repair or replace defective equipment parts using hand tools and power tools, and reassemble equipment.
- Perform routine preventive maintenance to ensure that machines continue to run smoothly, building systems operate efficiently, and the physical condition of buildings does not deteriorate.
- Inspect drives, motors, and belts, check fluid levels, replace filters, and perform other maintenance actions.
- Use tools ranging from common hand and power tools, such as hammers, hoists, saws drills, and wrenches, to precision measuring instruments and electrical and electronic testing devices.
- Assemble, install and/or repair pipe systems and plumbing, machinery, and equipment.
- Inspect, operate, and test machinery and equipment in order to diagnose machine malfunctions.
- Record maintenance and repair work performed and the coasts of the work.
- Order parts, supplies, and equipment form catalogs and suppliers, or obtain them from storerooms.
- Adjust functional parts of devices and control instruments, using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges.
- Paint and repair roofs, windows, doors, floors, woodwork, plaster, drywall, and other parts of building structures.
- Align and balance new equipment after installation.
- Set up and operate machine tools to repair or fabricate machine parts, jigs and fixtures, and tools.
- Maintain and repair specialized equipment and machinery found in restaurants, laundries, hotels, and offices.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Customer Orientated- Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
Team Orientated- Ability to work well with others to achieve group goals.
Detail Oriented- Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
Technical Aptitude – Ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information.
High School Diploma or GED preferred
2 years’ experience preferred, 6 months required in painting and drywall repair to including door and window repair and framing
2 years’ experience preferred, 6 months required in plumbing to include fixture installation, drain cleaning, and leak repair
6 months experience in hotel, motel, or apartment maintenance
Prefer experience with restaurant equipment and refrigeration; appliance, electronic door lock, and vacuum repairs; pool and spa upkeep and repairs
Certificates & Licenses
Must maintain a Drivers License
Ability to obtain a High Lift/Scissor Lift certification