- Manages all aspects of daily operations of all Food and Beverage outlets.
- Manages employees during the shift and ensures appropriate professional standards of behavior, work standards, productivity, practices and customer care are enforced.
- Ensures a complete knowledge by the whole team of F&B service techniques, all menus, drinks lists and specialties.
- Maintains effective communication within the team and attends meetings and training sessions when required.
- Ensures that F&B operations are in compliance with Chinook Winds policies and procedures.
- Complies and balances cash receipts at the end of the day and/or shift.
- Resolves customer complaints regarding food service.
- Assigns duties, responsibilities, and work stations to employees in accordance with work requirements.
- Performs personnel actions such as hiring and firing staff, consulting with other managers as necessary.
- Recommends measures for improving work procedures and worker performance to increase service quality and enhance job safety.
- Completes month-end inventories, as well as maintains par levels for liquor, beer and wines.
- Ensures completion of bi-weekly liquor orders and twice weekly wine and beer orders.
- Participates in the development and execution of the restaurants cost control and reporting requirements.
- Monitors food and beverage presentation to assure department standards are achieved.
- Monitors cleaning and maintenance of equipment and facilities to ensure compliance with health and safety regulations
- Participates in the development, implementation, and evaluation of goals, objectives, programs, promotions, budgets, policies and procedures.
- Develops and maintains a teamwork environment.
- Trains employees in designated areas and monitors progress.
- Completes, monitors, and develops staff through evaluation and development plans.
- Performs all duties in accordance with Chinook Winds Casino Resort customer service standards.
- Monitors staff performance to ensure Chinook Winds Casino Resort customer service standards are
- Handles all personnel issues in a timely manner according to Chinook Winds policies and procedures.
- Serves as back up to F&B Manager.
- Maintains general knowledge and provides information to guests of Chinook Winds Casino Resort events, programs and services.
- Identifies & reports any irregular, unsafe or hazardous conditions.
- Provides input or recommendations for improvements and changes in program processes or services
- All other duties as assigned.
Customer Orientated- Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
Team Building- Ability to convince a group of people to work toward a goal.
Detail Oriented- Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
Multitask- Ability to complete multiple tasks at one time.
Communication Skills- Ability to communicate effectively with others verbally and in writing.
Problem Solving – Ability to find a solution for or deal proactively with work-related problems.
Management Skills – Ability to organize and direct oneself and effectively supervise others.
Decision Making – Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
High School Diploma or GED
Two years experience in Banquets, Catering, or Food and Beverage
One year supervisory experience in Banquets, Catering, or Food and Beverage
Microsoft Office intermediate level including Word, Excel, and Outlook
Point of Sales (POS) systems
Certificates & Licenses
Must obtain a Siletz Tribal Gaming License
Must obtain OLCC within 30 days of employment
Must obtain a Food Handlers Card within 90 days of employment
Must obtain VIP Permit within 30 days of employment
Knowledge of F&B service techniques, menus, and drink lists
Knowledge of developing and evaluating programs, promotions and cost controls