- Completes heavy duty and floor care cleaning in guestrooms and public areas.
- Sweeps, scrubs, waxes, and/or polishes floors, using brooms, mops, and/or powered scrubbing and waxing machines.
- Cleans rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture, and/or draperies, using vacuum cleaners and/or shampooers.
- Washes windows, walls, ceilings, and woodwork, waxing and polishing as necessary.
- Assists housekeeping in cleaning all common areas of hotel in both interior and exterior areas of the property.
- Cleans glass, windows, patios and other furnishings/fixtures and using proper equipment
- Prepares chemical solutions for carpet cleaning machine.
- Ensures and maintains equipment is in good working order; recognizes and reports mechanical defects to appropriate staff.
- Lifts and moves furniture prior to and after cleaning carpets in guest rooms.
- Stocks cleaning supplies.
- Assist guests with luggage and/or other guest services as requested.
- Provide assistance to Room Attendants in ensuring rooms are cleaned properly with in time allotted.
- Cleans rooms, hallways, lobbies, lounges, restrooms, corridors, elevators, stairways, and other work areas.
- Keep storage areas and carts well-stocked, clean, and tidy.
- Disinfects equipment and supplies using germicides or steam-operated sterilizers.
- Observes precautions required to protect hotel and guest property and report any damage, theft, and found articles to supervisors.
- Removes debris from driveways, parking lots, and swimming pool areas.
- Performs all duties in accordance with Chinook Winds Casino Resort customer service standards
- Maintains general knowledge and provides information to guests of Chinook Winds Casino Resort events, programs and services.
- Provides input or recommendations for improvements and changes in processes or services.
- All other duties as assigned.
Communication Skills- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing clearly and concisely.
Autonomy- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
Energetic- Ability to work a sustained pace and produce quality work.
Interpersonal- Ability to get along with a variety of personalities and individuals.
Organized- Possessing the trait of being organized for following a systematic method of performing a task.
One year housekeeping or janitorial experience preferred
Certificates & Licenses
Must obtain a Food Handlers Permit within 30 days of employment
Working knowledge of cleaners, solvents, and equipment.
Experience in deep cleaning carpets and floors.