- Keeps equipment, systems, building and grounds ready for use by completing preventative maintenance schedules.
- Restores and repairs faulty or inoperative equipment and systems. Recommends changes and new installations.
- Monitors facility systems and equipment and systems; recommends changes and new installations
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by reviewing professional publications and establishing personal networks.
- Operates, maintains, and fully understands engineering plant (boilers, chillers, HVAC system)
- Maintains continuity among shifts by documenting engineering actions; noting system or equipment irregularities requiring continued monitoring.
- Complies with required codes and standards by directing and monitoring the work of vendors and staff; inspecting systems and equipment.
- Implements changes to systems and equipment as approved.
- Assists in planning internal remodeling, relocations and construction projects.
- Schedules and ensures completion of gaming maintenance and documentation logs.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Experience managing, mentoring, training and motivating a diverse staff.
- Ensures the execution of service expectations and core values.
- Responsible for all long and short term planning and day to day operations of the engineering team.
- Works with the Director of Facilities for the development and execution of the budget and MBOs.
- Develops, implements, and maintains for the engineering teams policies and procedures.
- Manages employees during the shift and ensures appropriate professional standards of behavior, work standards, productivity, practices and customer care are enforced.
- Monitors staff performance to ensure Chinook Winds Casino Resort customer service standards are achieved.
- Ensures the engineering teams scheduling and staffing is sufficient.
- Completes, monitors, and develops staff through evaluation and development plans.
- Mentors, trains and develops staff as it relates to service and sales.
- Trains employees in designated areas and monitors progress.
- Develops and maintains a teamwork environment.
- Handles all personnel issues in a timely manner according to Chinook Winds policies and
- Develops, implements, and monitors programs that ensure a safe, clean facility and work environment that is in compliance with all appropriate regulations.
- Keeps current on trends within the hospitality, convention, restaurant, vacation and travel industries.
- All other duties as assigned
Problem solving—the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully
Leadership—the individual inspires and motivates others to perform well, accepts feedback from others.
Management Skills—the individual includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; makes self available to staff; provides regular performance feedback; and develops subordinates’ skills and encourages growth.
Quality management—the individual looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
Judgment—the individual displays willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment and makes timely decisions.
Planning/organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
High school diploma or GED
BS in Engineering preferred
Six years’ experience as Chief Engineer or Facilities Manager
Experience managing, mentoring, training and motivating a diverse staff
2 years’ experience working on commercial kitchen equipment and working with BAS for HVAC
Microsoft Office intermediate level including Word, Excel, and Outlook
Certificates & Licenses
Valid Driver’s License
Ability to obtain a Siletz Tribal Gaming License
Ability to work from blueprints, shop drawings and sketches.
Ability to use hand/power tools and a multi-reader efficiently.
Ability to troubleshoot equipment using a schematic or wiring diagram.
Broad knowledge of critical systems, emergency power generators, fire suppression systems and alarm programs.
Understanding of all aspects of building maintenance, including plumbing, electrical, carpentry, kitchen equipment and refrigeration.