Line Cook Until Filled
Position Title: Line Cook Closing Date: ONGOING
Minimum Age: 18 Wage Range: $11.13 - $12.25
Responsible to prepare, season, and cook soups, meats, vegetables, desserts, or other food in any of the Food & Beverage outlets.
- Seasons and cooks food according to recipes or personal judgment and experience.
- Observes and tests foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently, using methods such as tasting, smelling, or piercing them with utensils.
- Weighs, measures, and mixes ingredients according to recipes or personal judgment, using various kitchen utensils and equipment.
- Portions, arranges, and garnishes food, and serves food to waiters.
- Inspects food preparation and serving areas to ensure observance of safe, sanitary food handling practices.
- Turns or stirs foods to ensure even cooking.
- Regulates temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, and roasters.
- Substitutes for or assist other cooks, including Cook IIIs, during rush periods or emergencies.
- Bakes, roasts, broils, and steams meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods.
- Washes, peels, cuts, and seed fruits and vegetables to prepare them for consumption.
- Carves and trims meats such as beef, veal, ham, pork, and lamb for hot and cold service, or for sandwiches.
- Consults with supervisory staff to plan menus, taking into consideration factors such as costs and special event needs.
- Prepares relishes and hors d’oeuvres.
- Maintains all health code regulations.
- Performs all duties in accordance with Chinook Winds Casino Resort customer service standards
- Performs general upkeep to designated area.
- Identifies & reports any irregular, unsafe or hazardous conditions.
- Provides input or recommendations for improvements and changes in program processes or services.
- All other duties as assigned.
Energetic- Ability to work at a sustained pace and produce quality work.
Detail Oriented- Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
Friendly- Ability to exhibit a cheerful demeanor toward others.
Time Management- Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
High school diploma or GED preferred
Two years experience in a buffet or restaurant as a prep or short order cook
One year experience as a Line Cook preferred
Certificates & Licenses
Must obtain a Siletz Tribal Gaming License
Must obtain a Food Handlers Permit within 30 days of employment
Excellent knife skills
Knowledge of regulations governing food preparation and service