- Troubleshoot, repair, overhaul, and proper prevention maintenance of all electrical and mechanical slot machines in accordance with gaming regulations
- Assist in ensuring machine integrity when jackpots occur and at other times, as requested
- Handle complex troubleshooting of games and related equipment
- Handle complex repair of component level repair of monitors, PC boards,
- Assist in cross-reference of components
- Install and maintain Oasis tracking systems
- Run data lines along tight places to the slot machines
- Perform RAM clear and machine configurations to new and faulty slot machines
- Maintain and repair signage (i.e., LCD, bulbs, fluorescents, glass, )
- Assists in overseeing the safe and effective operation of shop equipment including hand tools, soldering tool, power tools, and electronic test equipment
- Test slot machines and documents, whenever variances occur
- Handle disputes and notify the proper personnel of any unusual customer activity
- Oversee, verify, and approve slot machine payouts
- Perform bill tests on new machine installation
- Troubleshoot and repair Oasis Accounting and Player System
- Change layouts to the table games
- Repair and replace card shuffler on the table games
- Must be able to troubleshoot analog, digital circuitry, and serial communications
- Order and return/exchange parts when needed
- Assist in maintaining inventory of parts for machines and /or equipment
- Set-up slot tournaments when needed
- Assist in moves, set-ups, conversions and removal of slot machines according to procedures
- Assist Cage department, Security and Cage Technician for soft count and kiosk repairs
- Attend all Slot Department meetings and/or training sessions; pertinent training seminars and conferences as required
- Assist in training new Technicians
- Must have a professional, friendly, and courteous manner towards customers
- Assist Lead Slot Technician, Slot Manager, Slot Supervisors, and Operations Director as required
- Must safeguard entrusted monies, keys and properties
- Performs all duties in accordance with Chinook Winds Casino Resort customer service standards
- Maintains general knowledge and provides information to guests of Chinook Winds Casino Resort events, programs and
- Provides input or recommendations for improvements and changes in processes or
- All other duties as
Communication Skills- Ability to communicate effectively with others verbally.
Customer Oriented- Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures. Enthusiastic- Ability to bring energy to the performance of a task.
Interpersonal – Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
High School Diploma or GED
Associate Degree in Electronics Technology preferred
4 years’ experience in gaming, related field and/or training.
Must be able to solder, including multi-player boards; SMT skills preferred
Must have computer skills in Microsoft Windows, Office and have the ability to navigate the Internet
Certificates & Licenses
Must obtain a Siletz Tribal Gaming License
Knowledge and understanding of machine tilt codes and how to resolve them; understanding of CDS maintenance codes and functions.
Knowledge and understanding of the M.I.C.S.
Knowledge of electronic troubleshooting and proper use of electronic test equipment/power tools (i.e., DVOM, oscilloscope, isolation power supplies, Sencore monitor analyzer, etc.)
Knowledge and basic understanding of serial communication systems.
Knowledge and capability of troubleshooting analog and digital circuitry.