- Manages the daily operations and administrative responsibilities for the Sales Department.
- Work directly with the Director of F&B and the Director of Marketing to develop and maintain group, convention, company meeting, motor coach, special event, travel agent, airline, Amtrak, international and domestic tourism travel related accounts.
- The Sales Manager is responsible for the daily performance of sales staff in meeting established goals, forecasts and other budgetary considerations to increase visitation and overall profitability to Chinook Winds Casino Resort.
- Work in conjunction with Director of F&B and the Director of Marketing to develop an aggressive sales action plan.
- Maintain existing accounts and develop new accounts in assigned sales regions.
- Researches, evaluates, develops, maintains and promotes awareness to social markets, meetings, corporate, and association markets via sales calls, site visits, telemarketing, sales blitzes, tradeshows and written correspondence business.
- Conduct tours of property to tour group leaders, planners and other potential customers while informing of all casino/hotel/resort services available; entertain customers on property, during site inspections, pre-planning trips, and program operation when appropriate.
- Establishes and meets forecasted sales goals.
- Provides monthly reports and budget forecasts for group sales business to identify gaming value and overall value of each business segment. Presents weekly report on sales calls, bookings, outgoing proposals, new business accounts and potential leads.
- Promotes the highest degree of customer service, both internally and externally.
- Ensure full compliance with departmental and company internal controls, policies, procedures and regulations.
- Access the player tracking system to view accounts and group tracking.
- Ensures the execution of service expectations and core values.
- Ensure that all guests feel welcome and are given responsive, friendly, and courteous service at all times.
- Develops, implements, and maintains Sales Department policies and procedures.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates goals, objectives, programs, promotions, budgets, policies and procedures for the Sales Department.
- Manages employees during the shift and ensures appropriate professional standards of behavior, work standards, productivity, practices and customer care are enforced.
- Monitors staff performance to ensure Chinook Winds Casino Resort customer service standards are achieved.
- Handles all personnel issues in a timely manner according to Chinook Winds policies and
- Develops, implements, and monitors programs that ensure a safe, clean facility and work environment that is in compliance with all appropriate regulations.
- Keeps current on trends within the hospitality, convention, restaurant, vacation and travel industries.
- All other duties as assigned
Communication Skills—the individual speaks and writes clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, demonstrates group presentation skills and conducts meetings.
Leadership—the individual inspires and motivates others to perform well, accepts feedback from others.
Management skills—the individual includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; makes self available to staff; provides regular performance feedback; and develops subordinates’ skills and encourages growth.
Planning/organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
Problem solving—the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully
High School Diploma or GED
AA or BA in Public Relations, Psychology or Gaming related discipline preferred
Five years prior Marketing/Sales Management experience in the Gaming/Hospitality industry
Two years directly supervising a Sales Team including, staffing, training and performance evaluation
Microsoft Office intermediate level to include Word, Excel, and Outlook
Certificates & Licenses
Must obtain a Siletz Tribal Gaming License
Valid Driver’s License
Must have reliable means of transportation, be willing to travel, work evenings, weekends, and holidays to accomplish job responsibilities. Overnight travel may be required.
Must have ability to obtain a passport if needed.
Must have an understanding of player tracking and evaluating guests.
Must have a professional image with the ability to exercise initiative, judgment and tact when representing Chinook Winds Casino Resort.