Responsible to prep and cook to order a variety of foods that require only a short preparation time. Assists management with operation of designated work area.Download Application
Closing Date: Position Open Until Filled
Wage Range: $12.16-$13.76
Minimum Age: 18
• Acts in supervisory capacity in absence of a F&B management representative.
• Plans and organizes work areas for the deli area.
• Assists with food ordering, scheduling staff, displaying signage, and tracking/recording production to meet all requirements.
• Cleans food preparation equipment, work areas, and counters or tables.
• Plans work on orders so that items served together are finished at the same time.
• Grills, cooks, and fries foods such as french fries, eggs, and pancakes.
• Takes orders from customers and cooks food require short preparation times, according to customer requirements.
• Completes orders from steam tables, placing food on plates and serving customers at tables or counters.
• Performs simple food preparation tasks such as making sandwiches and carving meats.
• Orders supplies and stocks them on shelves.
• Accepts payments and makes change as necessary.
• Washes dishes, pots, cookware, utensils and other equipment when necessary.
• Stocks, cleans and organizes work areas.
• Responsible for prep operation for assigned shift and station.
• Reports to supervisor on duty regarding all personnel issues in a timely manner according to Chinook Winds Policies and Procedures
• Maintains sanitation standards set forth by federal and company policies, storing supplies, correct refrigeration procedures, proper storage and quantity ordering.
• Participates in menu development and execution of the kitchen budget and reporting requirements.
• Assists other culinary personnel on an as needed basis
• Performs all duties in accordance with Chinook Winds Casino Resort customer service standards
• Performs general upkeep to designated area.
• Identifies & reports any irregular, unsafe or hazardous conditions
• Provides input or recommendations for improvements and changes in program processes or services.
• All other duties as assigned.
Energetic- Ability to work at a sustained pace and produce quality work.
Detail Oriented- Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
Communication Skills- Ability to communicate effectively with others verbally.
Customer Oriented- Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
Enthusiastic- Ability to bring energy to the performance of a task.
Leadership- Ability to influence others to perform their jobs effectively.
Interpersonal – Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
High school diploma or GED preferred
Two years experience as a short order cook
One year supervisory experience preferred
Certificates & Licenses
Must obtain a Siletz Tribal Gaming License
Must obtain a Food Handlers Permit within 30 days of employment
Excellent knife skills
Knowledge of regulations governing food preparation and service