- Assists with all aspects of daily operations of the Housekeeping Department including the Room Attendants, Room Inspectors, House Persons, Laundry Attendants, and Deep Clean Specialist.
- Inspects guestroom and public areas for cleanliness standards, correcting deficiencies with housekeeping personnel, maintaining quality work performance.
- Reviews cleanliness standards in the laundry, employee break areas, and room attendant’s storage/supply areas.
- Ensures housekeeping carts are kept up to standards.
- Reviews daily maintenance of washers and dryers.
- Reviews room key and master key control by housekeeping personnel to ensure that strict compliance with policies and procedures are in place.
- Logs lost and found items daily for a timely return of property.
- Resolves customer complaints as needed.
- Recommends measures for improving work procedures and worker performance to increase quality and enhance job safety.
- Performs all duties in accordance with Chinook Winds Casino Resort customer service standards.
- Provides input or recommendations for improvements and changes in program processes or services
- Maintains general knowledge and provides information to guests of Chinook Winds Casino Resort events, programs and services.
- Manages employees during the shift and ensures appropriate professional standards of behavior, work standards, productivity, practices and customer care are enforced.
- Maintains effective communication within the team and attends meetings and training sessions when required.
- Trains employees in designated areas and monitors progress.
- Trains and develops staff on the correct and proper use of all departmental equipment, tools, chemicals and supplies.
- Assigns daily tasks assignments for the Housekeeping Department.
- Identifies & reports any irregular, unsafe or hazardous conditions.
- All other duties as assigned.
Communication Skills- Ability to communicate effectively with others verbally.
Customer Oriented- Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
Detail Oriented- Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
Energetic- Ability to work at a sustained pace and produce quality work.
Leadership- Ability to influence others to perform their jobs effectively.
Quality—the individual looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
High School Diploma or GED preferred
One year experience in Housekeeping or Hotel operations
One year supervisory experience preferred
Microsoft Office basic level including Word, Excel, and Outlook
Knowledge of Opera 5 preferred
Must have basic mechanical and electrical knowledge for general maintenance as it relates to light maintenance, fixtures, AC units, appliance replacement, drapery rods, etc.