- Repair or replace defective equipment parts using hand tools and power tools, and reassemble equipment.
- Perform routine preventive maintenance to ensure that machines continue to run smoothly, building systems operate efficiently, and the physical condition of buildings does not deteriorate.
- Inspect drives, motors, and belts, check fluid levels, replace filters, and perform other maintenance actions.
- Use tools ranging from common hand and power tools, such as hammers, hoists, saws drills, and wrenches, to precision measuring instruments and electrical and electronic testing devices.
- Assemble, install and/or repair pipe systems and plumbing, machinery, and equipment.
- Diagnose mechanical problems and determine how to correct them, checking blueprints, repair manuals, and parts catalogs as necessary. Plan and lay out repair work using diagrams, drawings, blueprints, maintenance manuals, and schematic diagrams.
- Inspect, operate, and test machinery and equipment in order to diagnose machine malfunctions.
- Record maintenance and repair work performed and the coasts of the work.
- Clean and lubricate shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of machinery.
- Dismantle devices to gain access to and remove defective parts, using hoists, cranes, hand tools, and power tools.
- Order parts, supplies, and equipment form catalogs and suppliers, or obtain them from storerooms.
- Adjust functional parts of devices and control instruments, using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges.
- Paint and repair roofs, windows, doors, floors, woodwork, plaster, drywall, and other parts of building structures.
- Operate cutting torches or welding equipment to cut or join metal parts.
- Align and balance new equipment after installation.
- Inspect used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements, using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Set up and operate machine tools to repair or fabricate machine parts, jigs and fixtures, and tools.
- Maintain and repair specialized equipment and machinery found in restaurants, laundries, hotels, and offices.
- Fabricate and repair counters, benches, partitions, and other wooden structures such as sheds and outbuildings.
- Estimate repair costs.
- Lay brick to repair and maintain building, walls, arches and other structures.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Customer Orientated- Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
Team Orientated- Ability to work well with others to achieve group goals.
Detail Oriented- Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
Technical Aptitude – Ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information.
High School Diploma or GED preferred
2 years experience in painting and drywall repair to including door and window repair and framing
2 years experience in plumbing to include fixture installation, drain cleaning, and leak repair
1 year experience in hotel, motel, or apartment maintenance
Prefer experience with restaurant equipment and refrigeration; appliance, electronic door lock, and vacuum repairs; pool and spa upkeep and repairs
Certificates & Licenses
Oregon Drivers License preferred
Ability to obtain a High Lift/Scissor Lift certification