- Manages the kitchen line operations for assigned shift.
- Monitors F&B preparation and presentation, cleaning and maintenance of equipment, and kitchen inventories to ensure cost controls, quality, and compliance with department standards and procedures.
- Assists Sous Chef with managing employees to ensure appropriate professional standards of behavior, work standards, productivity, practices and customer care are enforced.
- Maintains effective communication within the team and attends meetings and training sessions.
- Supervises and coordinates activities of food preparation.
- Plans or participates in planning menus, prepares foods, and utilizes food surpluses and leftovers.
- Participates in the development, implementation, and maintenance of the restaurants policies and procedures.
- Seasons and cooks food according to recipes or personal judgment and experience.
- Observes and tests foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently, using methods such as tasting, smelling, or piercing them with utensils.
- Weighs, measures, and mixes ingredients according to recipes or personal judgment, using various kitchen utensils and equipment.
- Portions, arranges, and garnishes food, and serves food to waiters.
- Inspects food preparation and serving areas to ensure observance of safe, sanitary food handling practices.
- Turns or stirs foods to ensure even cooking.
- Regulates temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, and roasters.
- Bakes, roasts, broils, and steams meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods.
- Carves and trims meats such as beef, veal, ham, pork, and lamb for hot and cold service, or for sandwiches.
- Recommends measures for improving work procedures and worker performance to increase service quality and enhance job safety.
- Participates in the development and execution of the restaurants cost control and reporting requirements.
- Participates in the development, implementation, and evaluation of goals, objectives, programs, promotions, budgets, policies and procedures.
- Develops and maintains a teamwork environment.
- Trains employees in designated areas and monitors progress.
- Completes, monitors, and develops staff through evaluation and development plans.
- Identifies & reports any irregular, unsafe or hazardous conditions.
- All other duties as assigned.
Customer Orientated- Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
Team Orientated- Ability to work well with others to achieve group goals.
Detail Oriented- Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
Communication Skills – Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
Management Skills – Ability to organize and direct oneself and effectively supervise others.
Decision Making – Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
High School Diploma or GED
Culinary certificate or equivalent preferred
Three years experience in high volume kitchen operation as a Line Cook
One year supervisory experience preferred
Previous casino experience preferred
Microsoft office beginner level in Word, Excel, and Outlook
Certificates & Licenses
Must obtain a Siletz Tribal Gaming License
Must obtain a Food Handlers Card within 90 days of employment
Knowledge and experience with of all facets of line operations including pantry, broiler, fryer and sauté.