- Takes beverage orders from serving staff or directly from customers.
- Serves wine and bottled or draft beer.
- Mixes ingredients, such as liquor, soda, water, sugar, and bitters, to prepare cocktails and other drinks.
- Serves snacks or food items to customers seated at the bar.
- Operates Point of Sales (POS) system and collects money for drinks served.
- Checks identification of customers to verify age requirement for purchase of alcohol.
- Maintains, transports and restocks beer, liquor, wine, mixes, fruit and all other bar needs
- Serves customer from start to finish including greeting, educating, obtaining orders, entering orders, delivering orders, and accepting payment in a prompt, efficient, and courteous basis.
- Performs all opening, closing, cleaning, and stocking responsibilities at the end of the shift
- Monitors, controls, and tracks all product waste.
- Adheres to all OLCC and Chinook Winds Casino Resort policies and procedures regarding alcohol service.
- Maintains, transports and delivers product, beer, liquor and wine inventory to bar and service locations.
- Sets up and tears down portable bar systems in convention center and other specialty events.
- Performs all duties in accordance with Chinook Winds Casino Resort customer service standards.
- Maintains general knowledge and provides information to guests of Chinook Winds Casino Resort events, programs and services.
- Provides input or recommendations for improvements/changes in program processes or services.
- All other duties as assigned.
Accuracy- Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
Communication Skills- Ability to communicate effectively with others verbally.
Customer Oriented- Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
Interpersonal – Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
Judgment – The ability to formulate a sound decision using the available information.
Working Under Pressure- Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
High school diploma or GED preferred
Two years experience as a bartender
Experience with Point of Sale (POS) systems preferred
Certificates & Licenses
Must obtain OLCC within 30 days of employment
Must obtain a Food Handlers Permit within 30 days of employment
Must obtain VIP Permit within 30 days of employment
Knowledge of regulations governing food preparation and service
Basic math skills